Super Summer appetizer, Beef Carpaccio
- 1 (10-ounce) piece beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Form or tie up tenderloin to make a filet
When frozen, heat skillet with oil and sear filet on 4 sides, DO NOT sear top or bottom. When meat has good sear
(1/8 inch brown) remove from pan and refreeze to firm meat.
Slice firm filet, paper-thin and layer in parchment paper. Pound slices out with mallet to desired thickness.
To Assemble, Place Arugula in center of platter, Shave Parmesan Cheese over the top. Arrange slices of meat on platter and drizzle Olive Oil and Lemon Juice over entire dish.
Can garnish with Capers. Serve with Grilled crusty bread.